He was born in Long Island, New York, at the precise moment he was supposed to be born. He began playing drums when he was five years old. At the age of twelve, he started playing with local funk and rock bands. He later, much later, went on to study at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA.
Ronnie's virtuosity has led to performing and recording with a diverse array of premiere musicians and bands including the following:
- Brand X on the album Manifest Destiny.
- Patrick Moraz (of Refugee, Mainhorse, Yes, The Moody Blues) on Moraz' album Change of Space and also on the Los Endos track recorded on The Fox Lies Down: A Tribute To Genesis .
- Circa ( the band of Billy Sherwood and Tony Kaye of Yes) on the CD And So On.
- Leo Nocentelli & “The Meters” Experience including the great performance at Yoshi's Jazz Club in San Francisco.
- Bill Ward (drummer for Black Sabbath) on the album When the Bough Breaks. That's right, Ronnie played drums on a drummer's album.
- Mick Taylor (of The Rolling Stones) recorded on Shadowman (2003)
- Rickie Lee Jones on the album Ghostyhead.
Reeves Gabrels on the album Rockonica and the great live show at The Baked Potato in LA.
In addition to these, Ronnie has performed and recorded with Randy Stonehill , Brian Auger, Richie Blackmore & Rainbow, Larry Blackman (of Cameo), Hiram Bullock, Jimmy Crespo (of Aerosmith), Producer Jack Douglas, Robert Downey Jr. Brandon Fields, Mike Gibbs, Peaches & Herb, The Temprees, Al Jardine, The Persuaders, Billy Paul, Blue Magic, Barbara Lynn, Sly, Slick & Wicked, Big Jay McNeely, Gene Chandler, The Floaters, Eddie Holman, The Moments, Producer David Hentshel, Paul Williams (singer from Allan Holdsworth), Riverdogs, Rob Lamothe, Marco Mendoza (Bass), Mike Miller, Lillix, Jaco Pastorius, John Pena (Bass), Linda Perry, Tito Puente, Paul Rogers (singer), Phillppe Saisse, Earl Slick, Frank Stallone, Windy Wagner, Kathleen Wilhoite and many others.
Thus far, Ronnie Ciago has been recorded on over 300 CDs. In addition to all of that work, he has authored four books on the method of drumming including A Natural Development In Drumming Technique, The Ultimate Study In Independence, Grooves & Styles, Part 1, and The Basics For Reading Rhythms, Volume 1.
Ronnie also spends a lot of time teaching and giving seminars and workshops.
Now, what was the question again?